TOSSING IN BETWEEN YOGA & PILATES
The two activities can actually help one another, core strengthening exercises in Pilates can assist with yoga postures, while the stability & stretching emphasized in yoga can aid Pilates exercises. One of the reasons the combination works well is that with yoga you’re doing a lot more with flexibility, balance & upper-lower-extremity strength, yet with Pilates, the intense focus is on core strength (the collection of different muscles that stabilize the spine & pelvis and run the entire length of the torso).
SO BECAUSE YOU DO YOGA AND PILATES…
- You are more flexible (in body and mind).
- You have more muscle strength.
- You perfect your posture.
- You keep your joints healthy.
- You protect your spine.
- You nourish your spinal discs.
- You improve your bone density.
- You boost your immunity.
- You improve your cardiovascular fitness.
- You improve your blood pressure.
- You lower your stress hormones.
- You are less likely to feel anxious and depressed.
- You are more likely to maintain a healthy weight.
- You have better focus and concentration.
- You are more relaxed.
- You have better balance.
- You soothe your nervous system.
- You release muscle tension and are less likely to suffer from chronic pain.
- You sleep better.
- You breathe better.
- You digest better.
- You are more peaceful.
- You have a sharper mind.
- You feel better about yourself.
- You are more aware.
- You can better heal yourself.